Sunday, January 9, 2011

from the heart...

"like a prayer": mixed media triptych, 10 x 10 / open 20 x 10; the latest in the Traveling Icons series

The traveling icon format has once again appeared in my creative space; two of my works from this series have recently been acquired and now belong to a private collector and to an art foundation. Their acquisition was a reminder of something I've learned long ago: when a work is a true expression of the artist's feelings/thoughts, it reaches the viewer in a direct way, evoking a reaction equally strong to the artist's intention.
When I look at work just completed and feel totally unaware of time spent creating it and of a concious analytical thought involved in its process, most of the times this work tends to enter the category of art expression I call: generated from the heart!
Traveling Icons is a body of work resulting from an ongoing internal dialogue I have with persons long gone but still present in my mind; it represents a segment of some very personal “conversations”. The triptych format is borrowed from the old religious traveling icons whose appearance, meaning and purpose has influenced me since childhood.

7 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful and very very special Anna. Yours is a singular talent. I love the icon format and the images speak volumes. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful format for a very special book. I love the colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The icon format is lovely and yours is so creative but personal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The triptych is so beautiful. I would love see how do make these, do you use computer with pictures or is all hand made art like art graphics or something.
    I really love what you make:)
    Greetings from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome Anna!!!! Truly you have found the highest expression of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails