artcrawl(ing)...


Artcrawl: one day's showcase of artists' work 
spread around the old warehouses of downtown Houston.

It was a gray afternoon, rainy and bleak, but I decided to go , mainly to support two friends exhibiting there. Later, I felt that my going was the ultimate proof of friendship! Oh well...
Although the weather was kind of miserable, it seems that I was the only one to notice it! On one hand the traffic, the crowds, the total lack of parking space, on the other me, THE only one needing an umbrella, a rain coat,  and a scarf around my neck, desperately circling one way streets, trying to be at the right split second at the right place, to claim the tiniest space to park my car! I had to demonstrate my super parking skills, while trying to look cool and parallel park in a just about the length of my car gap in between SUVs and monster pickup trucks... Well, I succeeded,  I showed my face where it counted, I was totally impressed and proud of my friends' art presence, and on the way back to my squeezed tight parked car, I took these photographs of art generously displayed for all (or a few like me... ) to see: graffiti on a metal wall, and weathered walls of just about to collapse old dwellings, covered with rust, mold and peeling paint, glistening in the afternoon's cool and windy rain. Oh, how much I love these so unexpected simple, beautiful sights!

Comments

  1. I love your prose and the story you weave. It was a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing.

    Have a great Sunday,
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post.Good post.
    Hope you're having a great Sunday.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit and comments!

Popular Posts