sticks, no stones...

and so much more!
What do you do when the stack of monotypes and paste papers grows out of control?
What do you do when a pack of gloriously slick wooden chopsticks comes into the picture and suddenly the content appears as if it's an extension of the colour scheme and "mood" of the pile of previously prepared papers?
I'll tell you what I did! I frantically looked for the right shade of linen cord, grabbed some sheets of Rives paper, opened my bookbinding-sewing box and got to work! I trimmed and folded the papers, formed the signatures, then wrapped each one with a different but totally color coordinated monotype, stacked them, prepared the holes and finally got to stitching while incorporating at the same time the wooden chopsticks.
It just happened that on some papers I had oil transfer drawings together with my usual greek letters and words; understandably I used the paper where the word "telos" (=end in greek) was drawn as the back cover (visible in the picture on top).

Comments

  1. Like lots of lovely books within a book - the colours are so perfect for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you did a GREAT job Anna :) looks so wonderful and I think I will have to travel to be able to come one day to one of your exhibitions :) I hope you are well ! geia kai hara ...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit and comments!

Popular Posts