Special Choice: encore!

Special Choice Book Arts Part I & II



If you are in the New York area and interested in artists' books, here is a must:
Special Choice Book Arts Part 1 & 2
December 4, 2010 - January 9, 2011
Curated by Yuko Nii, Founder/Director of the WAH Center
Shown at the amazing main gallery of the Williamsburg Art and Historical Center, this is an excellent show, beautifully presented, with the most amazing examples of book arts. I am truly proud to have two of my artists books shown here!
On the above photographs I tried to include the new works that have been added to the original Special Choice of the Tri-Fold: New Perspectives on Book Arts I wrote about on a previous post.
A truly breathtaking display of talent, inspiration, craftsmanship from both participant artists and curator!
I was sad I missed the opening, but viewing the show a week later with no crowds turned out to be truly special. A special thanks to the newly appointed gallery assistant for welcoming us so warmly!
Some of the works pictured here by:
Jeffrey Allen Price, Jeanine Satin, Long-Bin Chen, Gulsen Calik, Irwin Susskind, Jean Fitzgerald, Yasuyo Tanaka, Anna Mavromatis

Comments

  1. oh my goodness...l wish l lived in USA and l could go and see it. Very jealous of anyone who can visitx Thanks for sharting this with your blogx Happy Birthday.x lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, Anna and congratulations!
    I see it's up til Jan. 9 so I should be able to get there as I'll be in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!
    Excellent work!!
    Are you from Greece??
    Nice to see you here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for stopping by...
    Lynda I am glad you had a taste through the photos I posted;
    Nick, yes, I am originally from Greece; thank you for your kind comments.

    Dinah, I am sure you will enjoy a visit to the center;
    make sure you check the opening times on their website before.
    The front/main door opens only on first nights; the gallery is accessed from the side door.
    Enjoy your visit, safe travel, have a great time and

    Very happy holidays to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna,
    What simply wonderful works of art. I shall have to google these artists and find out more. I am so taken with the first image with the circular motifs that look as if they are rusted. I've been experimenting with rust on paper but this is something else. By the way I love your nonchalant pose in the gallery. You look very classy and cool! Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna - this work is so inspirational and stunning. You should be proud to have your work there - it's a divine exhibition. Like Lesley I'll be following up on a couple of these folk and continuing to gaze in awe and wonder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Anna, this is such a wonderful exhibition. Lovely to see your work there. I do hope Di gets to see it, it really is inspirational. Christmas greetings, Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Would love to go to that, so beautiful. Unfortunately a bit far from where I live in Australia! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work..it´s very inspiring because I also like working with Art books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit and comments!

Popular Posts